Human Resource Management Minor
Students in the Human Resource Management minor learn about people and the workplace - and what it takes to meet the needs of people in the workplace, and develop the strategic, functional, and personal skills necessary in HR positions. Students learn about organizational behavior and explore the psychology and sociology of work.
- BUS1100 Introduction to Business
- MGT3310 Organizational Behavior
- MGT3351 Human Resource Management
Choose 2 additional Management courses:
- BUS2203 Accounting for Business
- MGT3320 Employment Law and Labor Relations
- MGT3330 Legal Environment of Business
- MGT3360 Advanced Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management minor requires a student complete a minimum of 20 credits.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates.