The Master of Science in Athletic Training prepares students for rewarding careers as athletic trainers.
Join us on Facebook Live, Wednesday, April 26 at 12 PM EST, to learn more about our master’s degree programs.
The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training recently announced that all professional education in athletic training must be at the
master’s degree level. Merrimack College is offering a professional Master of Science in Athletic Training beginning in May 2017.
Our MSAT program reflects Merrimack’s emphasis on preparing students for rewarding careers in health care fields. As the first line of defense against sports-related injury, athletic trainers are there to provide critical support services for patients in need. When you complete our program, you’ll be ready to practice the 5 Domains of Athletic Training:
- Injury/illness prevention and wellness protection
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Organizational and professional health and well-being
This is a two-year, full time master’s degree program with classes offered during the day. Students can enter the program in the summer term only. Students take a total of 16 credits per semester; each course is four credits.
Discover the benefits
Prepare for an athletic training career with an exceptional program aligned with the standards and guidelines set forth from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Benefit from Merrimack’s established focus on careers in athletic training while fulfilling the new, master-level degree requirements set out by CAATE
- Build a strong basis of healthcare knowledge and expertise in athletic training through Merrimack’s signature combination of rigorous coursework and clinical field work
- Develop an understanding of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association’s code of ethics
- Learn to effectively communicate with other professionals while providing the highest quality of care as part of a healthcare team
- Meet eligibility requirements for national certification and state licensure, in all states where it’s required, upon graduation
- Gain the tools required to serve diverse populations, across settings where athletic trainers are needed
Is Merrimack your only choice for your MSAT? Apply now using our online application. Thinking about applying to different schools as well as Merrimack? Apply using one application through ATCAS.