Compassionate Health Professionals
Home to leading programs and research efforts, and guided by our Augustinian values, we prepare students to be highly skilled, compassionate and ethical health professionals. Our mission is to provide a quality, innovative education built upon strong science, emerging technologies and real-world foundational experiences.
Students are mentored in the development of career-related skills in a student-centered curriculum that fosters an active learning environment and practical experience in health care and human performance.
- Top Master of Science in Athletic Training in New England with a 5-year bachelor’s to master’s option
- Required internships, graduate fellowships and nursing students begin clinicals as freshman
- The Center for Health Inclusion, Practice and Research (CHIRP) offers student research opportunities focused on improving inclusive health equity
- State-of-the-art Nursing Center and facilities including high fidelity manikins and anatomage 3-D medical imaging table
Master of Science in Athletic Training
Largest Program in New England
Students gain clinical experience, prepare for board certification and work with diverse clinical populations, superior faculty and cutting-edge technology.
Career Outcomes Rate
94% of Nursing and Health Sciences undergraduate alumni were either employed, participating in voluntary service, or continuing their education within nine months of graduation.
With a 13:1 student-faculty ratio, you will get to know your professors — experts who have literally been there and done that and want to help you do the same.
Northeastern University, Sacred Heart University, MCPHS and Merrimack are just some of the graduate programs Nursing and Health Sciences graduates are attending.
TOP HIRING & INTERNSHIP COMPANIES
Undergraduate Majors and Graduate Programs
- ATHLETIC TRAINING DUAL DEGREE, B.S. & M.S.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING, M.S.
- EXERCISE SCIENCE, B.S.
- EXERCISE & SPORT SCIENCE, M.S.
- HEALTH PROMOTION & MANAGEMENT, M.S. (Online, on-campus or hybrid)
- HEALTH SCIENCE, B.S.
- NURSING, B.S.
- NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES, B.S.
- NUTRITION & HUMAN PERFORMANCE, M.S.
- PRE-PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS (Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Physician Assistant & Pre-Veterinary)
- PUBLIC HEALTH, B.S.
- REHABILITATION SCIENCES, B.S.
EXPLORE NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES
Explore all that the School of Nursing and Health Sciences has to offer inside and outside of the classroom to tailor your experience to your unique needs, goals and dreams.
“Merrimack set me up for success. During my time here, I grew so much as a person. I gained lifelong friendships and found such a special passion for my career. I gained so much knowledge about myself as well as the field of nursing. In a professional way, I had several clinical opportunities that contributed to my learning experience.”
Logan Lattime, RN, ’23
Registered Nurse, Encompass Health
Student, Faculty & Staff Highlights
Get Involved: Clubs & Organizations
There are endless opportunities to get involved at Merrimack and right within the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Gain different perspectives, put learning into action and learn from peers and faculty advisors through one of our School of Nursing and Health Sciences clubs:
Athletic Training Club
Health Profession Club
NOTABLE & QUOTABLE
Associate Clinical Professor and Director of Athletic Training Birgid Hopkins, MS, ATC, was featured in a Board of Certification For the Athletic Trainer article on preparing students for the BOC exam.