Graduate Admission Information
Applications are accepted online, and are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee once complete.
Click on “Apply Now” below to get started.
You will be required to create an account by registering a username and password. Registering an account will allow you to start an application, save, and then log back in at any time to complete it before submission. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email containing your Merrimack Admission ID and and instructions on how to check your application status.
A complete application to the graduate program includes:
- Online application. Your application may be completed and submitted at any time. You do not have to wait until you have all of your materials to submit your application. There is no application fee. Apply now »
- Official college transcripts - An official copy of your transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended must be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission. Merrimack undergraduate students may request release of their transcripts at no cost by indicating their permission for release on the graduate application.
- Resume - Your resume or CV should contain a summary of relevant job experience and education. You may also include relevant activities, awards, and interests.
- Personal statement - All applicants are required to submit a personal statement (500-1,000 words). The statement should explain your interest in the program and your future goals.
Recommendations - Two professional or academic recommendations are required. Recommenders may submit a letter of recommendation or complete the recommendation form provided by the Office of Graduate Admission. When you’re submitting your two letters of reference, please note the additional requirements for the following programs:
- For Higher Education, the letters should be from at least one professor and one college administrator.
- For Community Engagement, at least one letter should be from a supervisor in a non-profit, higher education or K-12 education setting.
- Standardized test scores are not required to complete an application, though we encourage them from students who have taken standardized tests.
- English Proficiency Test Scores (international applicants only)- For the TOEFL, Merrimack requires a minimum score of 84 on the internet-based test (with a minimum of 21 on the writing subset) for all graduate applicants. For IELTS, Merrimack College requires a minimum score of 6.5 with no band below 6.0 for all graduate applicants.For the Pearson Test of English Academic, a minimum score of 56 is required.
Some graduate programs may have required prerequisites. Please check the program of your interest for specific requirements. Prerequisite coursework can be taken at any accredited college/university, including Merrimack College. Prerequisite work must be completed with a grade B or better prior to enrolling in classes. For questions about prerequisite coursework, please contact email@example.com.
The Graduate Admission Committee will review undergraduate GPA, course of study and curriculum in addition to relevant job or internship experience, personal or professional accomplishments or demonstrated leadership, letters of recommendation, and an applicant’s goals for the program as outlined in their personal statement.
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee once complete. Admission to the traditional Graduate Program is on a rolling basis.
Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admission A-22
315 Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845