Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives.
Inspired by the Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue, our vision is to:
- Prepare students to adapt creatively to tomorrow’s realities through excellence in the liberal arts, sciences and the professions.
- Build a community of scholars welcoming and respecting a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and perspectives.
- Cultivate the intellectual, moral, spiritual, physical and personal awareness needed to make wise choices for life, career and service.
- Encourage and support scholarly work that contributes to the wisdom on which society bases its decisions.
- Engage other educational institutions, industry and agencies of social change in collaborative efforts fostering a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
A Renewed Mission and Vision for Merrimack College
Merrimack College has renewed its mission and vision for the 21st century. In December 2008, the board of trustees approved a more clear and compelling mission statement that guides us in our strategic planning.
Chaired by the Rev. Ray Dlugos, O.S.A., vice president of mission and ministry, a 20-member committee composed of faculty, students, staff and administration worked to elicit involvement and input from the entire college community. They were charged with refining the mission of Merrimack College to better express the true spirit of the college.
Our entire community has had the opportunity to provide their thoughts and to help shape the future of Merrimack College. This will continue to be very important as we embark on our strategic-planning process. This mission and vision statement is our guiding beacon for the future.