Educating & Inspiring for Social Good
Inspired by our Augustinian values, The Winston School of Education and Social Policy prepares our students to be reflective and engaged educators, practitioners and advocates for the common good. Our students and alumni are in-demand teachers, counselors, social workers and criminology professionals who stand out in their fields.
Our approach links specialized training, personalized attention, theory, research and practice in the classroom and through community-based experiential learning
Second largest M.Ed. in Elementary Education in Massachusetts with a vast alumni network
Signature graduate fellowship program providing up to full tuition scholarships
- Leading Certified Police Academy authorized by the Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC)
Nationally Ranked Online Master's Program:
The Winston School of Education and Social Policy’s Online Master in Education Program was ranked No. 97 by U.S. News and World Report in 2023.
Career Outcomes Rate
96% of Winston’s undergraduate class of 2022 were either employed, participating in voluntary service, or continuing their education within nine months of graduation.
With a 13:1 student-faculty ratio, you will get to know your professors — experts who have literally been there and done that and want to help you do the same.
Northeastern University, Ottawa University, Vanderbilt University and Merrimack are just some of the graduate programs Winston graduates are attending.
TOP HIRING & INTERNSHIP COMPANIES
Undergraduate Majors and Graduate Programs
- CLINICAL MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING, M.S. (On-campus or online)
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, M.ED. (Online)
- CRIMINOLOGY AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE, B.A.
- CRIMINOLOGY AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE, M.S.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (PREK-2) (Education, B.A.)
- EDUCATION, B.A.
- EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP, C.A.G.S.
- ELEMENTARY EDUCATION (1-6) (Education, B.A.)
- HIGHER EDUCATION, M.ED.
- HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION (8-12) (Education, B.A.)
- HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN SERVICES, B.A.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL EDUCATION (5-8) (Education, B.A.)
- MODERATE DISABILITIES (PREK-8) (Education, B.A.)
- SCHOOL COUNSELING DUAL DEGREE, B.A. & M.ED.
- SCHOOL COUNSELING, M.ED.
- SOCIAL WORK DUAL DEGREE, B.A. & M.S.W.
- SOCIAL WORK, M.S.W.
- STEM EDUCATION, B.A.
- TEACHER EDUCATION, M.ED.
(On-campus or online)
Explore all that Winston has to offer inside and outside of the classroom to tailor your experience to your unique needs, goals and dreams.
“The academic advisors helped me navigate my requirements to graduate, as well as what MTELS I needed to take.
I was so nervous to take them, but because my wonderful advisors helped me plan out when to take them, I passed them with no problem before graduation.”
Lily Williams ’22, M’23
4th Grade Special Education Teacher, Norton, MA
Student, Faculty & Staff Highlights
Get Involved: Clubs & Organizations
There are endless opportunities to get involved at Merrimack and right within the Winston School of Education and Social Policy.
Gain different perspectives, put learning into action and learn from peers and faculty advisors through one of our Winston School of Education and Social Policy clubs:
- Criminology Club
- Student Education Association of Massachusetts (SEAM)
- Kappa Delta Pi (education honor society)
- Alpha Phi Sigma (criminology honor society)
- Northeast STEM Network
- Women in STEM
- MINTS – Merrimack Institute for New Teacher Support