Sheltered English Instruction (SEI)
Merrimack College offers Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) coursework and endorsement as part of our full bachelor’s and master’s teacher education programs in the School of Education and Social Policy.
In addition, Merrimack College has been approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to offer the course for endorsement only. SEI for endorsement only is offered through our teacher education graduate program as a 0-credit, pass/fail course. Students will be enrolled as non-matriculated graduate students, and will receive an official transcript from the college upon request. Once the course is successfully completed, the Office of Placement and Compliance within the School of Education and Social Policy will provide the necessary endorsement to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Students must hold an active teaching license through the DESE.
- Students must have completed an undergraduate program and hold a bachelor’s degree (any discipline).
- Students must not be currently enrolled in a teacher-education graduate program at Merrimack College.
Tuition for the SEI endorsement only course is $500, and students will receive a tuition statement from the bursar’s office. Course vouchers for student supervision will be accepted.
The SEI course for endorsement only will be held on-campus and online.
The course is subject to a minimum and maximum registration per term. Your enrollment is not complete or verified until you receive notification from the School of Education and Social Policy.
SPRING 2020 Session
The dates for the Spring 2020 workshop are below. There will also be supplemental online assignments to meet the SEI requirements.
- Saturday, February 29, 10am-4pm
- Wednesday, March 18, 5pm-8:50pm
- Wednesday, March 25, 5pm-8:50pm
- Wednesday, April 1, 5pm-8:50pm
- Wednesday, April 8, 5pm-8:50pm
- Wednesday, April 15, 5pm-8:50pm
- Wednesday, April 29, 5pm-8:50pm
- Saturday, May 2, 10am-4pm
Registration for the Spring 2020 session is closed.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming sessions, please contact us.
Questions? Please contact Jessica McCarthy in the School of Education and Social Policy at email@example.com.