B.S. Mechanical Engineering Accreditation Information
Our Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Our Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the mechanical engineering program will:
- Be ethical, creative, and innovative problem solvers who are prepared to have successful careers in mechanical engineering or related and emerging fields.
- Pursue advanced degrees in engineering or related fields.
- Engage in service and leadership to their local, national and global communities.
Consistent with the program’s objectives, students will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
*Includes August, December and May graduates.