Teacher Education – Online Programs and Licensure
Merrimack College offers a variety of teacher education online programs that prepare students for Massachusetts teacher licensure:
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Grades 1-6)
- M.Ed. in English as a Second Language (Pre-K-6)
- M.Ed. in Moderate Disabilities (Pre-K-8)
- Add-On License Moderate Disabilities (Pre-K-8)
- Add-On License in English as a Second Language (Pre-K-6)
We also offer a non-licensure program: M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
Massachusetts teacher licensure includes the following requirements:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program
- Completion of a Massachusetts approved teacher education program and endorsement from
the approved program
- Passing scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills Test
- Passing scores on the required subject matter knowledge exam for the certification area sought
- For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in Massachusetts, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Education, Office of Educator Licensure website.
- Specific detail on pathways for the desired licensure based on your current status can be found on the Executive Office of Education website.
- To find out about state licensure requirements for education programs in your state, please visit the International Affairs Office website.