- Associate Professor, Management
- Emotions and Emotional Intelligence
- Work Groups and Teams
My research interests are in leadership; work-related emotions and emotional intelligence; and creativity in the workplace. I have published in refereed journals and conference proceedings and presented my work at numerous national academic meetings. One of my publications has been featured in the LSE Business Review in the United Kingdom and Maeil Business Newspaper in Korea, in 2016.
- Ph.D. Business and Management R.H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology Seoul National University, South Korea
- B.A. Psychology Seoul National University, South Korea
- (MGT 3310) Organizational Behavior
- (GMGT 5920) Leading Effective Teams
- (GMGT 5930) Leading Organizational Change
- (GMGT 5940) Leading Creativity and Innovation
Jin, S., Seo, M., and Shapiro, D. (2016). “Do Happy Leaders Lead Better? Affective and Attitudinal Antecedents of Transformational Leadership Behavior. Leadership Quarterly, 27(1), 64-84.
Jin, S., Seo, M. and Shapiro, D. (2016). “Do Happy People Lead Better?”[online] LSE Business Review.
- Faculty Development Grant, Merrimack College, 2012-17.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Eastern Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2011-13.
- Top 15 Percent Teaching Award, R.H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, 2007.