- Associate Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice
My research explores how women’s motherhood affects their incarceration experience. Specifically, I look at how inmates’ motherhood serves as a tool of punishment and social control in jail.
My work has been published in the Women’s Studies International Forum and the Journal of Qualitative Criminal Justice and Criminology.
- Ph.D. Sociology UMass Amherst
- M.A. Sociology UMass Amherst
- B.A. Sociology Eckerd College
- (CRM 1000) Introduction toCriminology
- (CRM 3380) Race, Class and Crime
- (CRM 3900) Incarceration
- (CRM 4800) Criminology and Criminal Justice Internship