- Associate Professor, Psychology
- Group Dynamics
- Research Methods
- Social Psychology
- Sport Psychology
- Stereotypes and Biases
My primary research interest is in motivation and performance. Motivation is our drive, our passion, our reason to exert effort and achieve something. Most of the things we do have an end goal, whether it is to get an “A” in the class, be a good person, take out the trash, etc. I am interested in what motivates us — what drives us to act one way versus another way in order to achieve a goal — and why and how certain aspects of a situation influence us while others do not. In an other line of research, I examine the effects of implicit biases and stereotypes. I am interested in group processes, especially how individuals influence each other’s behaviors. For instance, how might implicit biases influence a juror’s decision-making process and, thus, influence other jurors’ decision-making processes?
- Ph.D. Psychology Northeastern University
- M.A. Psychology Northeastern University
- B.A. Psychology George Washington University
- Implicit Bias
- Race and Ethnicity
Parent, J. D., Seitchik, A. E., Lovelace, K., & Hardway, C. (in press). Enhancing team learning experiences in the classroom. Journal of the Academy of Business Education.
Hill, K. M., & Seitchik, A. E. (2020). Female consumers’ complaints: The way perceived power affects female consumers’ post-failure compensation. Business Horizons, 63(5), 647-658.
**Kurdi, B., **Seitchik, A. E., Axt, J., Carroll, T. J., Karapetyan, A., *Kaushik, N., Tomezsko, D., Greenwald, A. G., & Banaji, M. R. (2019). Relationship between the Implicit Association Test and intergroup behavior: A meta-analysis. American Psychologist, 74(5), 569–586. (**co-first authors, equal contributors)
Seitchik, A. E., Brown, A., & Harkins, S. G. (2016). Threat-induced potentiation of prepotent response model. In S. G. Harkins, K. Williams, and J. Burger (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of social influence. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Faculty Development Grant, Merrimack College, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021
- Student Research-based Experiential Learning Micro-Grant, Interdisciplinary Institute, Merrimack College, 2018
- Zampell Family Faculty Fellow, Merrimack College (2021-2022, 2019-2020)
- Provost Innovation Fund, Merrimack College (2018-2019)