Rodrigo Bandeira de Mello
- Associate Professor, Strategy and Operations
- Competitive Strategy
- Corporate Political Strategies
- Emerging Markets
- International Business
- Strategic Planning
My research interests include nonmarket sources of competitive advantage, particularly the integration between competitive and political strategies for achieving superior performance, and the diversification and international expansion of business groups.
- Ph.D. Business Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- M.Sc. Business Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering Federal University of Ceará, Brazil
- Business and Government Relationships
- Corporate Diversification
- Emerging Markets
“Financial Dimension of Internationalization: Serving Two Masters,” with Jeferson Lana, Rosilene Marcon, and Wlamir Xavier, Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society, vol. 17, issue 2, pp. 305-320, 2017.
“Political Strategy and Business Group Growth,” with Gama Marina. Revista de Adminitracao USP. Accepted for publication on Jun 28, 2017.
“Business Group Internationalization: Choosing a Host Country According to Institutional Distance,” with Marina Gama, Jeferson Lana, and Cyntia Calixto, RBGN Review of Business Management, Vol. 18, issue 61, pp. 327-347, 2016.
“Unpacking the Ambidexterity Implementation Process in the Internationalization of Emerging Market Multinationals,” with Maria Tereza Fleury, Carlos Aveline, and Marina Gama, Journal of Business Research, vol. 69, issue 6, pp. 2005-2017. 2016.
“What Do Development Banks Do? Evidence From Brazil, 2002-2009,” with Sergio Lazzarini, Aldo Musacchio, and Rose Marcon, World Development, vol. 66, pp. 237–253, 2015.
“Do Institutions Matter in Latin America?” with David Kallas, Carlos Caldeira, and Rosilene Marcon, European Business Review, vol. 27, pp. 124-147, 2015.
“Institutional Environment and Business Group Resilience in Brazil,” with Wlamir Xavier and Rose Marcon, Journal of Business Research, vol. 67, issue 5, pp. 900–907, 2014.
“Managerial Action and Sense-making in e-Learning Implementation in Brazilian Business Schools,” with Angilberto Freitas, Computers & Education, vol. 59, issue 4, pp. 1286-1299, 2012.
“Unpacking Researchers’ Creativity and Imagination in Grounded Theorizing: An Exemplar From IS Research,” with Marlei Pozzebon, Maira Petri, and Lionel Garreau, Information and Organization, v. 21, issue 4, pp. 177-193, 2011.
- Finalist, Best Paper, Brazilian Academy of Management, 2017.
- Finalist, Best Paper, Academy of International Business, U.S. Southeast Chapter, 2015.
- Best Paper on Emerging Markets, European International Business Association, 2012.
- Finalist, Best Paper, Strategic Management Society, Special Conference in Rio de Janeiro, 2012.