The college experience involves a wide variety of opportunities, adventures, and change. You will learn more about yourself during these years than you can imagine, and there may be times that this may be more challenging or confusing than others. Counseling Services offers Merrimack College students the opportunity to address such issues and questions and to learn strategies and skills to help navigate the journey.
Students present to Counseling Services for many issues including anxiety, depression, relationship conflicts, grief and loss, homesickness, identity concerns, sexuality, stress and coping, eating disorders and body image concerns, sexual assault or intimate partner violence, and substance abuse.
- Short-term, individual counseling services
- Group counseling, offered by topic
- Crisis intervention, assessment and evaluation
- Consultation to parents, students, faculty and staff who have concern for a student
- Assessment and referrals for specialized services, psychiatric care, or long-term counseling
- Training and outreach programs on various topics of health and wellness