Position Overview: The Executive Assistant for Student Affairs is responsible for assisting the Vice President/Dean in the execution of his/her duties and responsibilities. The Executive Assistant also provides support to the division of Student Affairs. The position requires complex office management functions and high level administrative support. The Executive Assistant handles a wide range of administrative support tasks that involve effective communication and interaction with the office of the President, the Office of the Provost, the Office of the General Counsel, Fiscal Affairs, Registrar, Human Resources and other departments throughout Merrimack College. The Executive Assistant must have a strong professional demeanor, be reliable and trustworthy, especially when managing confidential and time-sensitive materials.
- Assist the Vice President/Dean in the day-to-day operations of the office. Anticipate
the needs of the division and the Vice President/Dean in relation to college operations.
Manage the calendar, coordinate and prioritize appointments, compile various reports,
handle all contracts and maintain records and other documents
- Provide complex and time critical office management functions. (Excel workbooks for
budgets, data collection.) Proof-read and edit, when necessary, drafts before
distribution. Track and protect confidential and sensitive information and use
discretion when disseminating information.
- Oversee fiscal and budgetary operations of the division of Student Affairs and provide
monthly reports to the Vice President/Dean. Perform periodic budget analyses and
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets, tables, presentations, letters,
communications and other documents for the Vice President/Dean and Office of
- Process and oversee all pre-authorization and expense reports for travel. Oversee and
monitor the Student Affairs budget including the processing of invoices, purchase
orders, expense reports and check requests.
- Assist the Vice President/Dean with new hires, appointments, resignations, retirements
and special projects.
- Serve as the liaison for the Vice President/Dean between other offices on campus.
Initiate communication with other departments. Reserve space and make reservations
for meetings. Prioritize the scheduled events and follow up to ensure deadlines are
- Attend meetings at the discretion of the Vice President/Dean, take minutes and
post/disseminate information including agendas and minutes.
- Field calls daily from students, parents and employees on policies and procedures,
operations and other Student Affairs information requests. Schedule out of town
conferences, workshops and meetings. Case management of parental and student
- Provide direction to Student Affairs employee’s on Dean/Vice President’s initiatives.
- Hire, supervise and schedule student worker staff. Delegate clerical tasks to student
workers and other administrative assistants as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and at least 3-5 years of administrative office experience.
- Proven experience in monitoring budgets and budget analysis. Advanced skills in excel and
Microsoft office as well as academic software programs.
- Experience in reporting , writing, and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a strong professional demeanor and an ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to problem-
- Work independently and as a team. Work well under pressure and deadlines.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.