We’ve put together local, regional and national sustainability and environmental organization links and resources for your consideration.
Environment and Sustainability Links
- Andover Village Improvement Society
- Boxford Open Lands Trust
- Foster’s Pond Corporation
- Groundwork Lawrence
- Martins Pond Association
- North Andover Sustainability Committee
- North Andover Trails
- Sustainability at Andover Philips Academy
- Sustainable Andover
- Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists
- Change is Simple
- Ecological Landscape Alliance (ELA)
- Environmental League of Massachusetts
- Environment Massachusetts
- Essex County Community Foundation
- Essex County Greenbelt Association
- Ipswich River Watershed Association
- Manomet Center for Conservation Science
- Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions
- Massachusetts Environmental Education Society
- MassDOER (Renewable Energy Division)
- The Massachusetts Greenscapes Program
- Merrimack River Watershed Council
- Merrimack Valley Food Bank
- New England Environmental Education Alliance
- New England Environmental Justice Research Network
- New England Wildflower Society
- Northeast Organic Farming Association
- Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
- Seaside Sustainability
- Shawsheen River Watershed Association
- Silent Spring Institute
- Society for Women Environmental Professionals
- Trustees (of Reservations)
- U.S. Green Building Council – Massachusetts
- American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
- American Planning Association – Green Communities Center
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences
- The Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment
- Local Harvest
- Partnership for Earth Spirituality
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE)
- Union of Concerned Scientists
Environment and Sustainability Resources
Applied Environmental Research Resources
Massachusetts Audubon Wildlife Research and Conservation – the site provides an overview and link to their research work.
AMEND – the Archive of Massachusetts Environmental Data has a collection of environmental regulatory data and analysis focused on enhancing the use of evidence and accountability for water policy in Massachusetts.
The Alpine Network is an emerging network that seeks to explore and expand the role that New England academic institutions play in conserving the natural heritage of the region.
MassGIS (Bureau of Geographic Information) has a wide range of digital data available for free download.
The USGS has daily stream flow condition data for a wide range of rivers and streams in Massachusetts.
MassAIR Online has air quality data and pollution levels from 19 monitoring stations across the Commonwealth.
The Massachusetts Toxic Use Reduction Act (TURA) site has information and fact sheets about the program.
The Toxics Action Center has data and information on toxic pollutants in New England.
The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management site has a range of information and reports on coastal zone management issues.
The Essex County Community Foundation has an interactive map and directory of Essex County nonprofit organizations.
The Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (MVPC) has a site that provides information on their environmental initiatives.
Local Food Resources
MassGrown Map is a site that allows you to search for Community Supported Agriculture Farms in Massachusetts.
The Organic Food Guide provides a searchable database of organic and sustainable products across Massachusetts.
The Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) has an excellent resource page that includes a wide range of organic farming information and resources guides.
The UMass Amherst Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment has a site focused on organic certification and farming.
The Massachusetts Food Trust Program site has information on access to healthy food and food deserts in the State.
Energy and Climate Resources
Climate Change Clearing House for the Commonwealth – provides maps, data and reports on climate change science and decision support tools.
Climate Ready Boston – an initiative to develop resilient solutions to prepare Boston for climate change.
Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Plan 2020 – this site contains downloadable access to the plan.
Massachusetts Audubon Clean Energy and Climate Change – this site has numerous links to organizations and reports.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) – the site contains all assessment and research reports.
Here are some diverse links and resources.
- The Yale Forum on Religion and Ecology
- The Papal Encyclical on the Environment
- The Green Seminary Initiative
- Earth and Spirit Council
- Earth Healing
- National Religious Partnership for the Environment
- Interfaith Power and Light
- Unitarian Universalist Climate and Environmental Justice
- University of Chicago Religion and Environment Initiative
- Sacred Earth Network
- Erratic Impact Ecofeminism Resources