Guide for Transfers
Merrimack College’s transfer equivalency site is intended as a guide for our prospective transfer students.
Prior to admission, we encourage you to use the site to identify some of Merrimack’s current equivalencies. Please read the following information before you continue:
The information in this system is provided as a guide as to how classes at your current or former institution may transfer to Merrimack College. The fact that a course appears in this list is no guarantee that the course will transfer in your individual case. Additionally, some courses may not appear on this list, but may be eligible for transfer.
Final determination of transfer credit acceptance is ultimately made by the registrar and the department chairs upon admission to Merrimack. All transcripts must be official and submitted properly.
This guide is subject to frequent revision. The catalog dates for each institution reflect the latest revision date for transfer equivalencies from that school. We add schools and additional courses to the list on a regular basis.
If you do not see your courses, we encourage you to request by email to have your courses evaluated for equivalency matches.
I have read and understand the information above and am ready to check my transfer credits now.
Articulation agreements outline how a specific academic program at a specific institution transfers into a particular major at Merrimack College. Some of our articulations may be listed on the transfer equivalency site.
- Courses that are comparable to Merrimack courses generally transfer.
- Transfer credit is based on factors including, but not limited to, accreditation, comparability of courses, faculty credentials and other requirements (see transfer credits policy in the academic catalog).
- In general, C is the minimum grade required to transfer a course.
- You must successfully complete at least 48 credit hours at Merrimack to receive your bachelor’s degree from the college.
Transfer Credit Evaluations
After you have been admitted, transfer services will begin a transfer credit evaluation.
- If the courses have been previously evaluated by Merrimack College and are in our equivalency database, you will receive notice explaining how your courses may transfer.
- If the courses are not in the database, they will be listed on your transfer credit evaluation as “pending review,” and the Office of Admission will facilitate the process of our academic departments reviewing the courses to assign equivalency.
Please check your evaluation for course description, syllabus or transcript requests and submit requested documents to the Office of Admission.