- Lecturer, Master of Social Work
Dr. Durnford’s research interests center around PTSD and the increased risk for learning difficulties. She has used resiliency training with youth and young adults to help them decrease stress and anxiety and improve their quality of life. Her experiences teaching in special education settings and counseling in high needs schools informs her practice. As the Director of School Counseling at Virginia’s previous college, she had the opportunity to create and teach courses, supervise student counselors in the field, and develop relationships with a variety of schools and community service centers.
- Ed.D. Teacher Education and School Improvement University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- MSW Social Work Boston University
- MA Special Education University of Connecticut
- BA Psychology Trinity College