- Associate Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Chair, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Co-Director, Jail Education Project
My research explores how women’s motherhood affects their incarceration experience. Specifically, I look at how inmates’ motherhood serves as a tool of punishment and social control in jail.
My work has been published in the Women’s Studies International Forum and the Journal of Qualitative Criminal Justice and Criminology.
- Ph.D. Sociology UMass Amherst
- M.A. Sociology UMass Amherst
- B.A. Sociology Eckerd College