- Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Chair, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
My areas of interest include girls, women and crime; rural crime; society and law; and cultural criminology. My work has appeared in Contemporary Sociology, Studies in Symbolic Interaction, and Teaching Sociology.
I have also written chapters in the edited volumes “Against Urbanormativity: Perspectives on Rural Theory” and “Re-imagining Rural: Urbanormative Portrayals of Rural Life,” and have two books in preparation: one on society and law and the other on images of rural people and rural crime in popular culture.
- Ph.D. Sociology Northeastern University
- M.A. Sociology University of New Hampshire
- B.A. Sociology University of New Hampshire
- (CRM 1000) Introduction to Criminology
- (CRM 3000) Society and Law
- (CRM 3050W) Female Deviance, Crime and Social Control