- Associate Dean, School of Science and Engineering & Department Chair, Computer Science
- Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Games and Simulation
- Geographic Information Science
- Human-Computer Interaction
My research areas of interest are in computer graphics, gaming, human-computer interaction and pedagogy. My current interest is developing a novel representation of terrain surface data that is more robust and accurate than current techniques. I am also investigating which factors are primarily responsible for the democratization of the world by simulating the spread of democracy using cellular automata theory.
My other work includes projects in multiuser, large-scale projection-surface interface design; mobile UI design and its direct effect on individual and group motivation; collaborative interdisciplinary learning through large-scale research projects in electrical and mechanical engineering; and compression techniques of time-lapse NEXRAD RADAR weather image data, among others.
- Ph.D. Computer Science Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.A. Computer Science and Mathematics Wheaton College
- Game Development
- Smart City Design
- Terrain Simulation