Combined Major in International Policy Studies
International Policy Studies is a major designed to give each student a world-rounded view of international studies and public policy.
What is International Policy Studies?
International policy studies examines the origin, development and implementation of international policy issues from a multidisciplinary perspective. As an International policy studies major, you will develop policy analysis and implementation skills that are applicable for public policy issues that are global, international or cross-cultural.
What You’ll Learn
As an international policy studies major, you will:
- Examine development and implementation of international policy issues from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Gain skills and knowledge about policies in different issues and in different places in the world
- Learn about different approaches to creating and implementing policies that reflect diverse circumstances and issues
- Study the impact of economic, social, political and legal policies on development at the local, regional, national, and international levels
- Learn to design and implement models to improve the development of policy
Your degree will prepare you for a career in diplomacy, economics, public administration or public policy.
Potential career paths for international policy studies majors upon graduation include:
- International Policy Analyst
- Intelligence Specialist
- Foreign Service Officer
- International Policy Research Assistant
- Foreign Affairs Editor
- Director of Foundation Relations
- International Relations Program Administrator
- Government Liaison Officer