Under the direction of the VP, Capital Planning and Facilities or his/her designee, the Facilities Manager, Nights will be responsible for the night-time leadership of facilities operations including maintenance of the College’s campus buildings and grounds. The Facilities Manager, Nights will work closely with the VP and facilities staff to effectively meet the physical needs of the College and support its overall mission. The schedule for this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 6:00pm-2:00am.
- Collaborate with the management of the nightly facilities operations and maintenance of the campus, including custodial services, and building maintenance services (the trade shops).
- Respond to and resolve after hours and emergency campus calls on the radio, phone or in person when matters require direction or decision.
- Assign and monitor the satisfactory completion of routine work orders, preventative maintenance schedules, required safety inspections, long-range schedules and work contracted for buildings and grounds.
- Foster effective communication within the facilities department. Better leverage technology, knowledge and process improvement.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal and work safety regulatory requirements including city and state permits and registrations in all assigned areas.
- Prepare budget estimates and monitor expenses against budget allocations.
- Coordinate the preparation of facilities to support various academic, athletic and other events (graduation, homecoming, admission and other special events).
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance work and projects among staff and vendors in a manner that utilizes the College’s financial resources efficiently.
- Participates constructively in the strategic development and management of the campus plans to renovate and expand new facilities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, architecture or business administration and/or 5 years’ experience in facilities management, property management, and/or construction management.
- Strong knowledge of property management/maintenance, building systems and design, engineering, and building maintenance
- Working knowledge of systems and software appropriate to facilities operations.
- Experience in management of a multi-building campus.
- Higher education, or multi-building property management preferred
- Experience managing custodian/cleaning services preferred
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Work Location
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College has five schools: arts and sciences, engineering and computational sciences, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, ranking 33rd in the Regional Universities North category in 2024. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.