The Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in the School of Engineering and Computational Sciences invites applications for two (2) full-time, open rank, non-tenure track Assistant Professor of Practice/Assistant Instructional Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering. This appointment is scheduled to begin at the start of the Spring 2024 semester. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Therefore, we seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across various social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, including first-generation college graduates, individuals from underrepresented communities, and individuals with disabilities.
- Deliver four undergraduate/graduate courses in an academic semester.
- Stay current with emerging trends and advancements in the field to ensure course content is up-to-date and aligned with industry needs.
- Mentor and guide students toward academic and professional success.
- Maintain regular office hours for student consultations.
- Actively participate in departmental and institutional activities.
- Collaborate in a collegial and professional manner to foster a supportive and positive working environment.
- Minimum of an M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong background in the fields of electrical and/or computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence, or potential for, teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching philosophy and interests
- Contact information for three professional references
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and some 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College comprises five schools: liberal arts, science and engineering, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy, and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 34th out of 175 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2022. Merrimack also ranked 3rd in the Most Innovative Schools category. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.