For Parents & Families
The Office of the Dean of Students views the parents and families of our students as collaborative partners in their Merrimack College experience. While we encourage students to take the lead in their education and personal development at school, parents and families play a critical role in supporting students during this transformative time.
Supporting You Every Step of the Way
Our goal is to work with you to best support your Warrior and provide you with the information you need to help your student be successful. This includes making sure you know our campus resources and the opportunities we offer, as well as the College policies and community standards. We welcome your interest, support and involvement throughout their years at Merrimack.
How to LEAD Your Warrior to Success
- Learn as much as you can about the opportunities and resources offered on campus.
- Make sure your student is seeking out these resources when needed.
- No matter the issue, there are always supports in place to help our students succeed.
- Encourage your student to communicate openly with you about their experiences.
- Ask probing questions and be available to talk through concerns with them.
- Help your student make decisions that best align with their personal and educational goals, as well as with our community values.
- Advocate for your student to take ownership of their academic and personal experiences.
- The most successful student is one who builds relationships across campus – whether with a counselor, coach, faculty or staff member. The bigger the support network, the easier the path to success.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out if you or your student have a question or concern about their experience. Our office is always here to help!
Show Off Your Merrimack Pride
Show off your Merrimack pride with our digital downloads. . Check out our Facebook photo frames, GIFs and stickers, Zoom backgrounds and printable signs. And don’t forget to tag us in your photos!