The Office of General Counsel represents Merrimack College as an institution and is responsible for all legal matters affecting the college.
Responsibilities of the college’s attorneys include:
- Monitoring federal and state legislation to ensure the college is in compliance with its legal obligations.
- Assisting in formulating and implementing institutional strategies to avoid future legal problems.
- Overseeing litigation involving the college.
- Reviewing proposed policies and procedures.
- Reviewing all contracts and agreements between the college and outside parties.