Merrimack College was founded in 1947 by the Order of St. Augustine to educate returning World War II veterans for the post-war workforce.
The college has remained true to that mission for successive generations of military men and women, including today’s veterans of the Global War on Terror.
U.S. News & World Report named Merrimack College to its list of Best Colleges for Veterans in 2016.
We support the transition of veterans and military-affiliated students to Merrimack College in pursuit of academic and professional success, including:
- Current active duty military and members of any of the uniformed services.
- Current members of the Air National Guard or Army National Guard.
- Current active or inactive reservists of any of the uniformed services.
- Those who have previously served in any capacity in the uniformed services.
- Dependents of any current or prior member of the uniformed services.
Applying for Benefits
- Undergraduate/First-Time Freshmen Application Information
- Transfer Student Application Process
- Professional Studies Application (part-time and evening classes)
- Graduate Student Application
We recommend you check education benefits options to determine your eligibility as this can vary wildly.
Qualified military veterans can receive reduced tuition at Merrimack College as part of our participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program, an educational-access program for military veterans through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Admission Office: Nicole Williams, 978-837-5568
- Certifying Official: Lauren Credi, 978-837-5943
- Financial Aid: Brooke Barbieri, 978-837-5126
- Getting involved on campus: Andreas Armenis, 978-837-5508
What documentation is required from military affiliated students?
Certificate of Eligibility
When does documentation need to be turned in?
Anytime before the start of classes.
Does Merrimack College accept SMART Transcripts?
We do accept them, however, they will need to be reviewed to determine if it is applicable to the your degree plan.
How do veterans request their transcripts?
Do I have to be a full-time student to receive military benefits?
Can I take summer courses and be eligible for funding through the VA?
Yes. Some students opt not to use the benefit since students only receive 36 months of eligibility.
Am I eligible for additional financial assistance?
You may be. Merrimack College requires the FAFSA and you may qualify for additional assistance depending on your finances.