Why Study Computer and Data Sciences?
Why Major in Computer Science?
- You can choose from the computer science major and minors which interest you the most.
- Internships and co-ops will give you highly desirable work experience by the time you graduate.
- First-year iTEC program offers a supportive environment and living/learning community for computer scientists and engineers.
Merrimack College computer science majors focus on theory, algorithms and implementation of computing concepts.
You’ll learn about web and mobile development and explore networks, graphics, programming language, and artificial intelligence. We also offer a computer science minor and cyber security minor at Merrimack. Our curriculum is based on the recommendations of leading computer science professionals in accordance with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Guidelines. We provide strong coverage of current technology, together with a solid liberal arts foundation, to teach you how to communicate within an organization.
Why Major in Data Science?
- You’ll major in a degree designed specifically by data scientists and industry experts and managed by a corporate advisory board.
- You’ll get hands-on experience digging into large amounts of data and examining programming languages and machine learning algorithms.
- With 100% of data science majors participating in at least one internship, co-op, fieldwork or practicum, you’ll have plenty of experience to set you apart.
- With flexible program options, you can choose our traditional four-year bachelor’s program or pursue a bachelor’s to master’s path in five years or an accelerated bachelor’s to master’s in four years.