Major in Computer Science
As a computer science major at Merrimack College, you’ll gain knowledge and skills that will set you on the path to a rewarding and lucrative career.
We offer many ways for you to gain practical, real-world experience while earning your degree. You can take advantage of our internships, which enable you to apply what you’re learning in the classroom to actual work situations — while getting paid. Internships are usually offered during the summer or fall or spring semester, and most students who participate in one graduate after five years with one year of practical experience and some spending money.
Directed Studies and Research projects examples:
- Terrain modeling
- Big data record analysis
- Text analyses
You may also choose to work on directed studies and research projects. Recent projects graduates have worked on include:
- a facial recognition app for roll calls
- game development
computing on encrypted values
As a computer science major, you’ll be well equipped to pursue studies in the field or to begin your career. Some of our graduates have worked in the following positions:
- Associate Consultant, RayBeam Corporation
- Front End Developer, Silver Tech Inc.
- Infrastructure Project Manager, Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Software Engineer, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Software Engineer and Scrum Master, Fidelity Investments
- Senior Software Engineer, Dynamic Research Corporation