Walter E. Maxey Award
- For juniors majoring in computer science, electrical engineering or information technology.
- Recipient must be of good character and high integrity, demonstrate leadership characteristics and have a good sense of applied study.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 both in and out of the major is required and recipient must be in good academic standing.
- Recipient is awarded $500.
- 2017 recipient: Joanna Gormley
2016 recipient: Rachel Davies
Outstanding Achievement Awards in IT and CS
- Given to an information technology or computer science major who has demonstrated extraordinary work both inside and outside the classroom.
- In addition to academic achievement, recipients must demonstrate character and passion for the department and the discipline.
- Winners receive a graduation gift and their names are added to the department’s plaque of awardees.
- 2016 IT recipient: Matthew Kasiski
2016 CS recipient: Andrew Joyal
Clubs and Contests
This annual event allows you to match wits with your peers at other campuses in the area, including MIT, Wellesley College and Fitchburg State University.
Lego Mindstorms Robots
Help middle school students build Lego Mindstorms Robots.
News: Local Students Compete at Regional Robotics Competition
Merrimack Gaming Club
Our coding document lays out a standard for all courses in the department from CS1 to Software Engineering.
The computer science department has developed cooperative and advisory board partnerships with a variety of organizations including:
- Fidelity Investments
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Putnam Investments
- Raytheon Co.
- iRobot Corp.
- Amazon Robotics
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Silver Tech Inc.
Students have 24 x 7 access to an enterprise grade web server (Oracle Sun X4-2) Running a full LAMP stack with a wide array of development tools and ample storage space for completing classwork and research projects.
Students have 24 x 7 access to our CS Department Lab, equipped with modern Linux development machines as well as an enterprise-level iMac complete with the Adobe Design suite and several modern development tools. The lab also houses our nightly tutors, Computer Club meetings, and several department events.
External computer science resources and links.
Please read the acceptable use policies for the department server.