Get a Job!

Merrimack College offers a wide variety of employment opportunities on and off campus through federal work-study and college employment programs.

student employmentFederal Work-Study

More commonly known as “work-study,” many people use this term as a catch-phrase for all student-employment programs. The Federal Work-Study Program is a government-funded program available to students who have completed the FAFSA application and have a financial need. Many departments on campus and some off-campus nonprofit organizations have access to these funds. 

Merrimack Employment

This program is for students who did not file the FAFSA and/or are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program. Students are paid through college funds. Most students work six to 10 hours per week, depending on their class schedule, at a minimum rate of $12.75 per hour. It is recommended that students do not exceed 20 hours per week.

 Pay Schedule

You are paid every two weeks through the Merrimack College payroll office, in Austin Hall. Direct deposit of student-employment earnings provide fast and secure payment to you.

How to Begin Your Search

  1. Go to 
  2. Click on the box ‘Merrimack College Sign On’
  3. Log-in with your Merrimack username and password
  4. Complete your profile to personalize your job feed (required one-time only)
  5. Start searching for jobs
  6. Select “Job” in the top bar
  7. Under Job Search click “On-campus” filter

Once You Are Hired

  • You must submit the necessary employment forms to Payroll Services, which is located in Austin Hall Rm 7.  
  • Bring all your forms (I-9, W-4, and direct deposit form) to Payroll Services, along with original forms of identification that are required as part of the Form I-9.
    • A list of acceptable documents is found on page 3 of the Form I-9. Students may present one selection from list A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C.
  • The hiring supervisor will complete a Student Employment Authorization Request and provide it to the Office of Financial Aid to confirm work eligibility.