Student Counseling Services
Your mental health is our priority. Licensed mental health professionals at The Counseling Center are available to help you address personal challenges and learn strategies and skills to help you navigate the college experience.
On Campus: Call campus police at 978-837-5911.
Off Campus: Call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
Students visit The Counseling Center for many issues, including anxiety, depression, relationship conflicts, grief and loss, homesickness, identity concerns, sexuality, stress and coping, eating disorders and body-image concerns, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and substance use disorders.
Services at The Counseling Center
Our confidential services include:
- Short-term, individual counseling services
- Group counseling, offered by topic
- Crisis intervention, assessment and evaluation
- Consultation to parents, students, faculty and staff who have concerns for a student
- Assessment and referrals for specialized services, psychiatric care or long-term counseling.
- Training and outreach programs on various topics of health and wellness
Do you need a secure and confidential space for outside counseling services? Call us at 978-837-5444 to schedule the Telehealth Room located at The Counseling Center.
There are a number of options for our enrolled students to receive free mental health services:
For Mental Health Emergencies: If you or a friend are experiencing a mental health emergency on-campus, call campus police at 978-837-5911. If you are off-campus, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
Our Partnership with Uwill Offers 24/7 Teletherapy
Merrimack has partnered with Uwill, the leading mental health and wellness solution for colleges and students, to offer free access to confidential teletherapy. You have an immediate, secure and convenient way to receive online-based counseling services should the need arise.
- Choose a therapist based on your preferences, including issue, gender, language and ethnicity.
- Choose a time that fits your schedule with day, night and weekend availability.
- Choose your appointment type - video, phone, chat or message.
How to Access Uwill Free Services
Call The Counseling Center at 978-837-5444.
- You’ll talk with a member of our clinical team who can provide more information about access to Uwill.
Create Your Profile.
- You’ll create your account and register using your Merrimack College email address. Fill out the basic profile information, reason(s) for signing up and emergency contact information.
Schedule an Appointment.
- Find an available counselor that matches your preferences. Pick the date, time and appointment type (video, phone or chat) to schedule your appointment.
Connect with a Counselor.
- An email reminder will be sent to you an hour prior to your scheduled appointment. Access your appointment through the link in the email reminder or visit the Uwill site to begin your appointment.
Access is quick and easy - you can register and book your first session in just minutes. Many students have their first session within hours of registering. If you need any assistance, you can refer to the Uwill FAQ below, download the Uwill Quick Start Guide (pdf) or reach out directly to Uwill at 833-99-UWILL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselors are available to Merrimack students, faculty, and staff for mental health crisis management, intervention or consultation.
Triage and Consultation
During business hours, counselors may be accessed for crisis intervention or consultation by calling the main number 978-837-5444. When you call, you will be asked a series of questions to triage the situation appropriately including if you need speak with a counselor immediately, within a certain time frame, or are you able to receive a call back before the end of the business day. Any information that can be shared about the situation is helpful to determine an appropriate and effective response.