Before You Leave Home
We know you have a lot of questions about traveling to the United States and studying at Merrimack. Please review our resources before you leave home to prepare for your time here.
Your Merrimack Email Address (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ Your Merrimack email address and initial password will be e-mailed to your address on record.
Questions? Undergraduate students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduate students, please email email@example.com.
☐ Make sure you review and complete all the items listed in your MackTasks. This will be located in your myMack account, the Merrimack College online student portal.
Visas (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ Pay the SEVIS fee.
☐ Apply for your F1 visa (Students from Canada will receive this upon entering the United States).
Final Transcripts (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ Send us your final secondary/high school transcript one month in advance.
☐ Transfer/Graduate Students: Send us your final university transcript (if applicable).
315 Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845, USA
Immunization (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ It is mandatory that you get your immunizations prior to arriving in the U.S.
☐ Visit merrimack.medicatconnect.com to see a list of what is required.
Arrival Information (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ Submit your arrival form online in MackTasks (undergraduate students
☐ Inform the ISS of your arrival (graduate students) firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Payment (Undergraduate)
☐ Pay your bill through a payment plan or one-time payment. Payment types include:
- International wire transfer via Flywire
Housing and Meal Plan (Undergraduate)
☐ Complete the housing form online. If you do not need housing on campus, please notify us via
email at email@example.com.
☐ Students living on campus: view your housing assignment, complete a residency agreement, and view meal plan.
☐ Students living off campus: purchase meal plan (optional). Options can be found on our dining webpage.
Housing and Meal Plan (Graduate)
☐ Research your housing options prior to arrival
☐ Reserve space at a local hotel if you do not have housing arranged prior to arrival (Merrimack does
not provide short-term housing).
☐ Use the off-campus housing office
Online Placement Test (Undergraduate)
☐ Take your Math Placement Exam
☐ Take your Language Placement Exam
Important Documents (Undergraduate & Graduate)
☐ Valid Student Visa
☐ Valid I-20
☐ Original acceptance letter from Merrimack College
☐ A bank statement/letter to prove you have enough money to study in the U.S.
Keep these items with you at all times during travel.
The following items are suggested:
☐ U.S. currency for your first few days
☐ Credit Card
☐ Order laptop.
☐ Order dual microwave/refrigerator.
Travel & Immigration Requirements
If you will be joining us for the new semester, please be sure to make your travel arrangements to
arrive at Logan airport in Boston before the first day of Mandatory International Student Orientation (ISO). When traveling to the United States, the following documents are required for entry into the U.S.:
- Valid Student Visa (Canadian citizens will receive a Visa upon entering the U.S.)
- Your acceptance letter from Merrimack College
- A bank statement/letter to prove you have enough money to study in the U.S.
International students who arrive at Logan airport in Boston on the first day of mandatory International Student Orientation between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. may be picked up at the airport by Merrimack College representatives. In order for us to greet you at the airport, you must share your flight information and arrival time with us as soon as possible. Undergraduate students, please submit this information in the arrival form that will be available online in your MackTasks portal. Graduate students, notify ISS as soon as possible of your arrival time and pick-up needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immunizations, Health Insurance, and Health Forms
- Immunizations are mandatory. Please get immunizations in your country before arriving to avoid out-of-pocket expenses and complications.
- Massachusetts law requires all full-time and three-quarter-time students, as defined by Merrimack College, to enroll in the Merrimack College Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
- International students will be automatically Merrimack College SHIP.
- Before you arrive, all health forms need to be submitted online here: https://merrimack.medicatconnect.com
Massachusetts weather has four distinct seasons (sometimes all in one day!). For winter months, pack warm, waterproof clothes that you can wear in layers. Dress on campus is casual. There may be some events where professional dress is required.
- Only pack what is necessary. You can purchase the rest of your items when you arrive in North Andover.
- You can purchase all household needs and supplies when you arrive in the United States. Your orientation leaders will help you get settled.
- Computers and electrical equipment should have an American adapter so you can use them once you arrive.