Join the Merrimack Marching Band
INTERESTING IN JOINING THE BAND?
Be a Member of the Band
Led by our Visual and Performing Arts Department, the marching band will allow you to unlock your creative potential, pique your intellectual curiosity and expand your professional experience. You’ll be a key part of the college gameday experience supporting the Warriors and entertaining fans.
Whether your interests lie on the field, on the stage or in the lab, you’ll find your fit at Merrimack. With endless opportunities in every direction, you’ll discover, test and stretch your capabilities. We’re looking for bold thinkers and doers who say “yes” to positive change, and who put their abilities into action for the good of others, the community and the world.
Marching Band Scholarships
We offer band scholarships for talented musicians based upon your musical ability and the needs of our band program. The Merrimack College Marching Band is a one-credit performing ensemble that rehearses throughout the school year. Scholarship auditions are held as part of your admissions process.
Marching Band Scholarship Audition Requirements
The Merrimack College Marching Band is a one credit performing ensemble that will rehearse throughout the school year. Scholarship auditions will be held as part of the admissions process. Skill level, experience, attitude, and enthusiasm will all play a role in the acceptance of the group. The purpose of this audition/interview is to assess where students are at in their musical experience and assess their leadership skills, in order to best serve the educational needs of this ensemble. Students will submit a video audition following the parameters below for their instrument(s), as well as participate in a short interview with the music faculty.
Students may audition on any wind, brass, or percussion instrument, guitar and/or bass.
Auditions consist of:
- Scales as described in the page below
- Prepared excerpt of a solo for your instrument.
- The audition will conclude with a short interview (over zoom).
Brass & Woodwind, & Keyboard Percussion + Guitar
- Play two major scales of your choice, up and down for two octaves.
- Play the Chromatic Scale, up and down for two octaves.
- Play an excerpt of a solo of your choosing (this could even be something from band class) that is at least 30 seconds long, and no longer than a minute.
- Prepare and demonstrate 3 rudiments from the 26 standard American Rudiments.
- Play an excerpt of a solo of your choosing (this could even be something from band class) for either snare, tenor drums, or drumset.