Why Study Visual and Performing Arts?
The arts are fundamental to the human experience. Our courses and creative experiences are designed to immerse you in a rich, shared cultural tradition. From art and art history, to graphic design, music and theatre, your creative journey will flourish and grow at Merrimack.
Unlock Your Creative Potential
- Develop your analytical and performance skills and prepare yourself for professional life or further study.
- Critically analyze visual and performance art.
- Work cooperatively and creatively with your peers.
- Learn from your own intellectual and creative experiences.
- You’ll explore music, studio art, graphic design, art history, film and theatre from many different perspectives.
- You’ll participate in a wide array of student organizations.
- You’ll engage in hands-on learning outside the classroom.
- You can join our Creative Arts Affinity Living Community.
Discover Student Work
Merrimack and the Department of Visual and Performing Arts present a selection of our students’ work. Learn more about our talented students and their interesting projects.
Join Our Marching Band
Accompany our Division I athletics and unlock your creative potential, pique your intellectual curiosity and expand your professional experience. Be part of college gameday.
Featured VPA Alumni
Meet our alumni, including “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” star Charlie Day, and hear what they have to say. Find out where they are working and reach out!
VPA Majors Offered
Want More? Stay in Touch
Check out our Flickr Page There are tons of photos of our majors, classes, student work, and performances for you to explore.
Head to the VPA Playlist on YouTube, and be sure to watch our recitals, exhibition openings, alumni videos to see what our students and alumni have been doing. You can also check out the new Merrimack College Fight Song.