Billing FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register for the Student Account Center?

  1. Log in to MyMack.
  2. Click Student Info on the top menu.
  3. Go to the Student Billing. (Here’s a quick link)
  4. Under Student Account Center click Go to Cashnet . 
  5. Once signed in, dont  forget to invite a parent or anyone else who may assist with financing your education.  You can do so by clicking on your name and then under Payers click send a payer invitation.

Will my financial aid appear on my bill?

The bill will include pending financial aid that has been awarded and accepted as of the date of the bill.  If the student receives a scholarship from an outside organization you may deduct it from the amount due on your statement. Please forward a copy of the scholarship award letter to the Bursar’s Office. Please note: you must also notify the Financial Aid Office if you are receiving an outside scholarship, as this is counted as a financial resource.

For those undergraduate day students registered less than 12 credits, aid will not be reflected on your bill until you are registered full time or you have confirmed with your Financial Aid Counselor your intentions of being enrolled less than 12 credits. Please contact the Financial Aid Office via email at or by calling (978) 837-5186 with any questions regarding your financial aid.

Where can I get more info about student health insurance?

For more information regarding student health insurance please visit Student Heath Insurance.

Please note: Student health forms are issued and due back to Hamel Health Center. The Bursar’s Office only handles billing of the school-offered health insurance premium. All health forms, including a copy of your insurance card for health purposes, requested from the school would be done so through Hamel Health Center. They can be reached at (978) 837-5441 for any questions.

Where can I get more info about tuition insurance through GradGuard?

For more information regarding tuition insurance please visit Tuition Protection Insurance.

What is the refund policy/process?

If you have a negative balance, or credit balance, due to financial aid that is no longer pending, an over payment, or withdrawal from a course or the College, you are eligible to request a refund check. Credit balances automatically stay on the account and go toward any charges the student may incur in the future unless a refund is requested or the student formally leaves the school through graduation or withdrawal.

All request for credit balances on your student account must be initiated using the Refund Request Form found on MyMack.

To Find the Form:

  • Sign into MyMack
  • Click Student Info
  • Click Student Billing
  • Click Refund Request Form found under forms

It can take up to four weeks for a check to become available. Please be aware if there are any changes to your charges or adjustments to your Financial Aid award that result in a balance, you would be responsible for repayment to the College.

Note:  Please keep in mind, Financial Aid for each semester will not disburse until after the end of the add/drop period.  Credit balances from aid can not be refunded until the aid is disbursed.  Please plan accordingly.

Do meal plans vary in cost?

All residential students are required to have a meal plan. All standard meal plans are the same price and come with varying bonus points each semester.

For more information visit the Dining Services page.

When will I get my deposit back?

New incoming students will have their enrollment deposit credited back to their statement in the fall semester. Returning students will also receive their deposit credited back to their statement during the fall semester.

Resident students will have their damage deposit credited back to their statements in late June after Residence Life assess residential damages.

I receive VA Benefits (Chapter 31 or 33), how does that effect paying my bill?

Merrimack will adhere to the requirements of and comply with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, specifically S2248 PL 115-407 Section 103.

Merrimack permits any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 of this title.

Merrimack ensures that the educational institution will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by the Secretary under chapter 31 or 33 of this title.

Please Note:  Merrimack will hold a student responsible for any portion(s) of tuition and fees not covered by the VA (ex: room & board charges).

How do I pay for a parking decal or parking citation(s)?

If you are approved to have a car on campus through Parking Services, you are required to display your parking pass as instructed. The charge for the pass will be applied to your student billing account. 

Police Services assess parking citations (parking tickets). If you are issued a citation and want to appeal it, the appeal must be submitted to Police Services according to the appeal guidelines. If an appeal is not granted or you don’t file one in the appropriate amount of time, you are responsible for paying the citation. Parking citations are applied as a charge to your student billing account.

You can pay these in person at the Bursar’s Office or online as mentioned above under the “How can I pay my bill?” section.

How can I get a copy of my 1098-T tax form?

We generate 1098-T forms in the office and mail them out to the student’s address on file at the end of every calendar year. If you do not receive one in the mail or you misplace it, tax forms are available to view year-round as they become available through the student MyMack portal.

Log in and go to the “Student Info” tab at the top then select “Student Billing” from the left- hand column. Once on the Bursar’s Office page, you will find a section titled “My 1098-T Info” when you click on that link in that column you can then select the year you need and click “view/print statement” make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled as the form will pop- up in another window.

I am an international student who was billed a room and board tax, why?

As a nonresident alien, your Room and Board Scholarship is taxable which is why you are receiving this bill.  You will receive a 1042-S form in mid to late February for tax purposes.

What is a “comprehensive fee”?

A full list of what the comprehensive fee entails can be found on the “Tuition & Expenses” page.