Alcohol-Wise and Consent & Respect
Merrimack College is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every new student to complete Alcohol-Wise and Consent & Respect – non-opinionated, science-based courses taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year.
For more information and assistance, contact the Office of Community Standards at 978-837-5175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New students: Watch for an email from Community Standards with the subject Merrimack College New Student Required Courses with your Merrimack account information. These courses are online and free to you.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
At Merrimack, we are dedicated to positioning you for greater success, both as a student and a member of the community here and beyond.
Whether or not you drink, Alcohol-Wise empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. We also promote student health and safety through the use of Consent & Respect, a program that educates students about the elements of healthy relationships, the importance of sexual consent and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities.
Alcohol-Wise and Consent & Respect offer a confidential, personalized experience for each student. This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect you during your college years and beyond.
You will only need one 3rd Millennium Classrooms Account to access the courses. You are expected to complete both Alcohol-Wise and Consent & Respect. Students who do not complete both courses may be subject to fines and/or holds on student records.
Course Details and Key Dates
- Course Opens (Part 1): December 6, 2023
- Course Closes (Part 1): January 15, 2024
- New students should complete Part 1 before the start of the semester.
- Students will receive an email directly from 3rd Millennium Classrooms to set up their accounts. Students will need to set up a new account with 3rd Millennium Classrooms utilizing their Merrimack email address.
- To access these courses please visit 3rdmil.com/login and click forgot password. Enter your Merrimack email address and it will send an email for you to create your own password.
To Fulfill Merrimack College’s Requirement
- Complete the Alcohol-Wise course and post-test.
- Complete the Consent & Respect course and post-test.
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student answers.
- Transfer students may have already taken this course and fulfilled Merrimack College’s requirement. If you previously completed this course or one similar to it, contact the Office of Community Standards.
- For more information and assistance, contact the Office of Community Standards at 978-837-5175 or email email@example.com.