Welcome to Merrimack’s IRB
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is charged with safeguarding the rights and well-being of human subjects in research/projects conducted at or sponsored by Merrimack College.
- Developing and disseminating federally compliant policies for the protection of human subjects.
- Developing and implementing institutionally appropriate procedures for ensuring the protection of human subjects, in collaboration with other members of the Merrimack College community.
- Educating members of the Merrimack College community about the ethical and legal obligations associated with human subject projects.
- Conducting reviews of generalizable research projects to ensure that such research will be carried out in a manner that safeguards the rights and well-being of the subjects.
- Promoting professional development in research ethics for Merrimack College employees in support of their instructional, research and administrative work.
Types of Review
This chart provides some basic information to help you decide what type of review is required for your project. Complete details on project types and review procedures can be found under IRB Guidelines.
- Merrimack College Federalwide Assurance: FWA 00014062
- FWA renewal is: 10/04/2022
- IORG 0005707
- IRB 00006880, Expires 01/25/2020