Free Writing Support…
…in every major, in every class, from the day you arrive until the day you graduate.
How We Help
Regular visits to the Writing Center will help you
- identify and discuss challenges in your writing
- develop your critical and creative thinking skills
- develop a language for talking about writing and ideas
- see growth trends in your writing style and skills over time, and
- build confidence in your writing and independence as a writer.
Even just hanging out in the writing center when you study puts you in proximity to other people working with ideas, language, and style, as well as resources that will help you grow as a writer and thinker.
Types of Assistance
The Writing Center provides help in a variety of areas, including
- understanding assignments
- Writing Process (invention, drafting, revision and editing)
- Global Issues (audience, purpose, thesis, organization, development, introduction and conclusion)
- Local Issues (grammar, mechanics, spelling and punctuation)
- source integration and documentation (APA, CMS, MLA, etc.)
- professional writing (résumés, cover letters, and personal statements), and
- Writing in the Disciplines and Writing Across the Curriculum.
Come visit us to learn more. Wherever you are as a writer, we’ll meet you there!
Writing Center Hours
- Sunday, 4 to 9 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. & 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, closed
“I have found the undergraduate tutors, graduate fellows and directors of the Writing Center to be engaging, knowledgeable,and helpful. This is a wonderful resource for students and community members.”
‘Armed With New Skills’
“I always feel like I walk out of the center with not only clarification about a particular writing issue, but also armed with new skills or approaches that will help improve my skills as a writer.”
Register for an Account
Click to play the video above for instructions on how to register for an account.
Schedule an Appointment
Click to play the video above for instructions on how to schedule an appointment.