We’ve put together helpful links and presentations for new teachers.
- George Lucas Educational Foundation - New Teachers
- Massachusetts Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education - Induction and Mentoring
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Public School Teacher Attrition and Mobility in the First Five Years - National Center for Education Statistics (2015)
Empowering Educators: Easing the New-Teacher Transition,
Nov. 9, 2016 (MINTS Launch Event). Presented by Julia G. Thompson, teacher, author, workshop leader and facilitator & Susan B. Neuman, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Collaborative Learning and Team-Based Approaches Workshop, April 5, 2017. With Jane Parent, Associate Professor of Management, Girard School of Business.
- Teaching Coding with Robots: From Kindergarten to Career (Root Workshop), April 26, 2017. Presented by Shaileen Pokress, K-12 Computer Science Curriculum Specialist (Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University) & Raphael Cherney, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Root. Co-sponsored by McQuade Library’s STEMsmart grant, M.I.N.T.S. and Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society.
Teaching Science Remotely
Please explore our online graduate student projects developed to support K-7 grade teachers and students throughout the Merrimack Valley via MINTS and the NE Massachusetts STEM Network. Projects are based on K-7 grade level MA STE standards.
Projects are from Professor Gatling’s EDU 3360 (undergraduate) and ED 502 (graduate) Methods of Teaching Science Health and Physical Education Spring 2020 Students.
Please send any questions or comments to Professor Gatling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Hiring and Support Platform
Selected is a free online hiring and support platform for educators to learn about hiring schools where they’re best positioned to thrive. By creating a Selected account, Merrimack education students and alumni can connect with a variety of school types (PK-12, public and private, Boston to DC + LA) based on your preferences. Accounts also provide access to Selected’s library of resources to accelerate your job search and classroom effectiveness—all 100% free for Merrimack educators.