All proposals, preliminary proposals, applications, Letters of Intent (LOI), “white-papers,” supplemental funding requests, and grant award revisions must be processed through the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP).
The Director of OSP is the Authorized Organizational Representatives (AOR) for Merrimack College. AOR is responsible for obtaining institutional approval, review, and submit all proposals on behalf of Merrimack College.
OSP is responsible for reviewing sponsor guidelines and submission requirements, reviewing budgets and budget justifications to ensure the proposal submission is following College policy and best practice, accuracy and adherence to sponsor and university policies, reviewing format and basic content, assuring that all internal approvals are in place prior to submission, and submitting the proposal.
- Find a funding opportunity you are interested in submitting a proposal, application or “white paper” to.
- Download the funders funding guidelines, solicitation or Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Read the complete funding opportunity announcement (FOA), request for proposal (RFP) or solicitation to determine what documentation is required for submission.
- Forward a copy of the FOA, RFP or solicitation to email@example.com and set up a meeting to discuss your project.
- You will be required to submit the completed OSP Proposal Routing Form with your proposal documents attached to your department chair and dean for approval and signature on the OSP Proposal Routing Form.
- *Send a scanned copy of the form, your proposal documents, budget and budget justification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Try to submit the OSP Proposal Routing Form and documentation as soon as you can.
OSP requires a minimum of 14 business days prior to the submission due date to review the FOA, RFP or solicitation, to review and edit any proposal documentation as required by the funder, and attain the required Provost and CFO approvals.
Once the OSP Proposal Routing Form (with the respective signatures) is completed, the proposal may be submitted. The signatures on the OSP Proposal Routing Form constitute the institutional approval needed for all proposals.
Proposals submitted without going through the above process and are awarded, may be declined.
Please contact OSP if you have any questions or concerns about getting the proposal review process started: email@example.com or 837-5611.
Forms and Documents
The documents below will provide you with information and resources that are helpful when putting together proposals for external funding.
- OSP Proposal Routing Form (Sept 2019)
- OSP Proposal Budget Spreadsheet
- Sample Budget Justification
- Merrimack College Fact Sheet
Deborah Esparza-St Louis
Director, Sponsored Programs
978-837-5611 | firstname.lastname@example.org