What is 21C?
Twenty-First Century Literacy Partners (21C) is a coalition of academic support offices and programs that can help you enhance the critical skills that employers want.
Summer 2020 Hours
The following online options are available for Summer 2020 classes.
Tutoring & Math Center
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 12pm-2pm,
If you are enrolled in a summer math class, you will be added to the Blackboard Math Center automatically during week 1. If you need access or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 2pm-6pm https://merrimack.mywconline.com/
If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Other Tutoring Needs?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to communicate with your professor for study help right away, and will assist in securing additional help.
Continuity of 21C Services
All 21C centers and programs remain available for your use. Please refer to the directions below, or on the page for each area, for further guidance. 21C recommends that you view these videos on tutoring in Blackboard Collaborate (https://youtu.be/8DpHcV0X6jE) and Zoom (https://youtu.be/7rhAdxTXL2s). Questions may be directed to Dr. Robert Koch at email@example.com.
Campus-wide tutoring will continue to occur as much as possible using a variety of media. Some tutoring is being moved into WCOnline. Some is being moved into Zoom. Still more, especially where Fellows in Math and Economics are concerned, will be embedded in Blackboard course pages.
To access Campuswide Tutoring, do the following:
- Go to https://www.merrimack.edu/academics/academic-success-center/21c/campus-wide-tutoring/, or click on the link to the left (the site will be updated as we learn more about tutorial offerings around campus) .
- Scroll down to the Google Calender (also found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=merrimack.edu_o30bgrl1kaj4f425hk85tp30ko%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York), and find the tutorial event you wish to attend.
- Click on the event. It should open to provide you with more details.
- Click on the appropriate link to join the meeting in Zoom, Google Hangout, or to be taken to WCOnline or Blackboard. From there, follow the directions.
If you have specific questions about tutorial offerings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Partner Program requests will be collected via the same method as before, by visiting https://www.merrimack.edu/academics/academic-success-center/21c/study-partners/ (or clicking on the link to the left).
When your Study Partner emails you to set up a meeting, s/he will send you a Google Calendar appointment that will be linked to Zoom, where you will be able to talk, share files and documents, work with a whiteboard, and continue your skills development. If you have questions about Study Partners, please email email@example.com.
Librarians will continue to enhance your online learning with a variety of instructional and resource activities. Chat, email, online appointments at https://mcquade.youcanbook.me/, and phone consulting are all available options. The digital collection of e-books and streaming videos may be accessed via the library catalog, and there is support for gaining access to some print texts.
Connect with librarians and discover the services and resources available by visiting https://libguides.merrimack.edu/continuity.
Tutoring & Math Center
The services of the Tutoring and Math Center are now provided through live, online Collaborate sessions via its Blackboard Ultra course (blackboard.merrimack.edu).
- If you are not enrolled in the course page and wish to use the Tutoring & Math Center, please request enrollment by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Merrimack.edu e-mail address.
- Once enrolled, visit the Course Content page to log into the Math Center via our Google Form
- Check our schedule to see on what days and at what times sessions discussing your coursework are available. If none of the scheduled sessions are compatible with your schedule, or if your course is not listed, attend a general tutoring session and a tutor will assist you.
- Students are invited to attend Collaborate sessions during Tutoring & Math Center hours even if a tutor is not present in the session, to discuss coursework and collaborate with others studying the same material.
If you have further questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.
All writing tutoring, whether with consultants or with Writing Fellows attached to specific courses, will take place via My WC Online, Merrimack’s synchronous online tutoring platform, at http://merrimack.
If you aren’t sure how to register on My WC Online, view this video: https://youtu.be/uiRIuDXkvVU.
- For information on how to make an appointment, view this video: https://youtu.be/
- For what to expect during your online appointment, view this video: https://merrimack.hosted.
panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/ Viewer.aspx?id=e6fac849-b997- 48ea-b732-ab8301014728
If you have questions or concerns, please email writingcenter@merrimack.