Major in Business Administration
As a business administration major at Merrimack, you’ll prepare for the rapidly changing global marketplace by building a strong foundation in accounting, finance, management and marketing.
Dive deeper into global perspectives or industry-specific tracks by choosing from a range of concentrations and minors. Guided by the Girard School of Business’ four learning goals — communication, collaboration, analysis, and problem-solving — you will receive a business education designed to drive your success.
What You’ll Learn
As a business administration major, you will:
- Gain the tools to become a flexible and creative thinker, an effective leader, a hands-on decision-maker, and an ethical citizen.
- Build a powerful personal and professional network with faculty, fellow students, alumni, and industry executives.
- Broaden your perspectives by examining diverse viewpoints.
- Participate in team-building and collaborative project work, and prepare for real-world leadership roles by shouldering responsibility, managing change, and motivating others.
- Engage with world-class faculty members who are dedicated to your goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to take part in coveted semester-long internships, meaningful co-ops, and immersive study-abroad programs. Bonus? By taking advantage of Merrimack College’s business plan or stock competitions and on-campus business clubs, you’ll forge a powerful network and deepen your understanding of what it takes to succeed in the future economy.
Courses You’ll Take
Whether you imagine taking on the banking and investments world, climbing the corporate ladder, or starting your own venture, you’ll develop the relevant skills, knowledge, and insights to get ahead. You’ll tailor your academic experience and hone your expertise by choosing from our concentrations:
Read about the renowned professors who make the Girard School of Business one of the country’s great business schools.