Managers know how to get things done. Ensuring an organization runs smoothly requires a diverse skill set, from interpreting data — like sales forecasts, corporate budgets, and advertising campaign results — to making effective decisions.
With the management concentration at Merrimack College, you’ll develop the communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills you need to succeed in today’s competitive corporate environment. Through exposure to a range of courses, from organizational studies to information systems to operations management, you’ll gain a comprehensive view of what it takes to be an effective manager.
What You’ll Learn
By specializing in management, you will:
- Gain the versatility and value of a business degree while keeping your professional options open to a range of industries.
- Develop strategies for fostering teamwork and building an inclusive environment.
- Improve your ability to respond to complex business challenges.
- Enhance your capacity to solve problems, allocate resources, and manage staff.
- Explore specialized human-resource and operations-management courses that connect with meaningful career paths.
You’ll have the opportunity to take part in semester-long internships. It’s your chance to gain real-world experience at industry leaders like Berkshire Hathaway, Putnam Investments, and W.B. Mason Co.
Your degree will provide you with the flexibility to chart your course across any number of industries, ranging from healthcare, financial services, hospitality, retail management, or manufacturing. Career paths may include:
- Account management
- Information systems management
- Product or sales management
- Project management
- Supply chain management
Courses You’ll Take
You will complete both the business administration major curriculum requirements and the management concentration requirements listed below.