Why Study Visual and Performing Arts?
The arts are fundamental to the human experience. Our courses are designed to immerse you in a rich, shared cultural tradition.
Unlock your creative potential, develop your analytical and performance skills and prepare yourself for professional life or further study. Upon completion of a major in the visual and performing arts, you will have the ability to:
- Critically analyze and evaluate works of visual and performance art.
- Work cooperatively and creatively with your peers.
- Learn from your own intellectual and creative experiences.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Marching Band Scholarships
Merrimack is excited to offer scholarship opportunities to marching band members. Learn more about our inaugural marching band and be part of something great!
- You’ll explore music, studio art, graphic design, art history, film and theatre from many different perspectives.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in a wide array of student organizations, including music, theater. dance and art.
- You’ll get hands-on experience working in the Rogers Center for the Arts, one of the premier visual and performing arts venues north of Boston.
- You’ll learn both inside and outside the classroom investigating the historical, theoretical and critical aspects of art forms.