Faculty-Staff Campaign Participation Exceeds Goal
The College launched its Faculty and Staff Campaign last spring, as part of Merrimack’s $50 million Together for Good Campaign. Dean of the School of Health Sciences, Dr. Kyle McInnis, was appointed the Community Chair for this initiative and recruited 14 faculty and staff ambassadors from across campus to achieve the following goals:
- Meet a participation goal of 300 employee donors by December 31, 2017.
- Increase employee awareness, engagement and participation in Together for Good.
- Educate faculty and staff members on the importance of employee giving and its impact on the College’s overall participation rate, particularly how Merrimack is perceived by external funding partners and rankings organizations.
Dr. McInnis and his team of faculty and staff ambassadors worked throughout the year to engage their colleagues and encourage participation to meet their objectives before year-end. They fostered interest in Together for Good through department presentations, trivia events, and challenges aimed at sparking friendly competitions for the highest giving participation levels. Dr. McInnis and his team also worked closely with the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to update colleagues on campaign news and initiatives and create excitement and interest in Together for Good.
The Faculty and Staff Campaign ambassadors worked tirelessly to spread the message of Together for Good and succeeded. As they rounded out 2017, their collective work has resulted in:
- More than 390 employee donors, exceeding the original goal of 300.
- The School of Education and Social Policy and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations saw 100% participation in their areas.
- The collective gifts of faculty and staff donors totaled over $100,000.
- Dr. McInnis and his ambassadors represented and engaged over 600 employees at events and in conversations on the campaign, highlighting the importance of employee participation and philanthropy at Merrimack.
This Faculty and Staff Campaign was the first of its kind at Merrimack and served to engage staff in the success and momentum of the Campaign. Together for Good epitomizes the positive impact that can be made when the Merrimack community works together to advance the College’s goals. The Campaign continues to achieve record-breaking fundraising totals, raising approximately $20 million since launching in the fall of 2016.
Merrimack’s Faculty and Staff Campaign ambassadors for Together for Good included:
Together for Good Campaign Ambassadors
- Kyle McInnis, Community Chair
- Michael Bradley ’78, P’07, ’08, School of Science and Engineering
- Jay Caporale ’87, P’20, ’20, Office of Development and Alumni Relations & the O’Brien Center for Career Development
- Michael DelGreco ’17, P’11, Police Department
- Liz Downey, Austin Hall
- David Golden ’07, Campus Life
- Julie Gormley ’14, Admissions & Enrollment
- Birgid Hopkins, School of Health Sciences
- Monique LeBlanc, Athletics
- Ellen Longsworth, School of Liberal Arts
- Frances Nilsson, McQuade Library
- Karla Pingeton, School of Education and Social Policy
- Allison Pukala ’06, Campus Life
- Diane Shaw ’85, Academic Programs & Support Services
- Greta Shepard, Girard School of Business