Partnership with Boston College
Are you interested in getting your Master of Science in Applied Economics at Boston College? If you are a qualified Merrimack College student, you may participate in our articulation agreement with Boston College offered through the Woods College of Advancing Studies.
Under the terms of the agreement, you are eligible for:
- Waiver of the application fee
- Waiver of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Preferred admission into the Applied Economics Program without the competition of the rest of the applicant pool
- Advanced standing for up to two upper-level elective courses in Economics you completed at Merrimack
- Option to complete the eight remaining course requirements in one additional calendar year
- Anticipated successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from Merrimack in May of your senior year
- Overall GPA of 3.30 or above at Merrimack
- Submission of all the application materials by the published Boston College deadline.
The American Economic Association is a source of information about opportunities for students of economics:
- Careers in economics
- Preparing for graduate school
- List of U.S. graduate programs
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Blogs, books and links
Gregory Delemeester, economist at Marietta College, has put together a list of celebrities who studied economics.