Master of Education in Higher Education
The Master of Education in Higher Education (M.Ed.) prepares students to be administrative leaders in colleges and universities, working with students and in a variety of roles supporting the advancement of higher education.
The curriculum focuses on learning and development of college students, college access, equity and diversity, and organizational development. Students will gain a broad understanding of current trends, leadership challenges, and opportunities to advance social justice in higher education. The Master of Education in Higher Education is a 36-credit program.
Faculty in the Higher Education program come from a wide variety of functional areas and institutional types, and bring a wealth of experience in supporting student success and advancing institutional missions.
- Two pathways to completion:
- Full-time through the Higher Education Fellowship program, which offers a full-tuition fellowship.
- Full-time or part-time as a traditional student, working closely with an academic advisor to plan your program of study and timeline to completion. Traditional students have the opportunity to participate in a field-experience assistantship.
- Fellowship and assistantship opportunities at three area community colleges
- Three full-time faculty and eight adjunct faculty, all with extensive higher education leadership experience, dedicated to supporting students in individualized plans of study
- Connection to a broad network of current alumni who are leaders in higher education across the country
- Social justice curricular focus, including numerous opportunities for meaningful engagement with communities off-campus
- Self-designed capstone project allows you to focus on your area of passion in higher education
- Funding available to every student for attending conferences and workshops
- Opportunities to co-teach an undergraduate course and/or do research alongside a faculty member
- Ireland Higher Education Public Policy study abroad trip
- Our cohort model… 35 instant friends!