Exercise and Sport Science
The Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science prepares you to be a leader in the field and to work with diverse settings, populations, team structures and state-of-the-art technologies.
Finish in as little as 9-12 months
- Fall, Spring and Summer start terms
- 9-, 12- or 18-month programs
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Hybrid and on-campus classes
- 32 credits/8 courses
- Cohort model
- Small classes with personalized attention
- Faculty with industry experience
Two Pathways to Completion
Full-time through the Exercise and Sport Science Provost Fellowship program. The fellowship, which links graduate study with nine months of field experience, offers you a reduced rate of graduate tuition of 50 percent savings. The fellowship is offered in the spring and fall terms.
Full time or part time as a traditional student, working closely with an academic advisor to plan your program and timeline. You may be eligible for the Dean Scholarship.
What Will I Learn?
Our program will expose you to cutting-edge technologies in exercise and sport science.
- You’ll develop a solid physiological and applied background in individualization, testing and evidence-based prescriptions of exercise.
- You’ll learn how to be a leader in exercise and sports science.
- You’ll discover how to work as part of a comprehensive team of medical professionals and other members of your clients’ support team.
- You’ll lead athletes on how to achieve peak performance.
- You’ll assist patients with chronic stable medical and musculoskeletal conditions in improving their functionality.
Video: Behind-the-Scenes of the Program
You’ll be prepared to work as an exercise and human performance specialist in a variety of positions such as exercise physiologist, health fitness manager/specialist, strength and conditioning coach for high school, college or professional sports teams, health promotion program manager, wellness/lifestyle coach/coordinator, healthy weight and obesity treatment specialist, personal training consultant for private industry and wellness companies, and physical fitness training specialist for youth fitness, older adults, or other special populations. You may also choose to work in private industry, such as sports and fitness equipment, or technology development and sales.
You’ll find our grads in prestigious jobs such as:
- Product Validation Engineer, Reebok
- Physicians Extender, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, University of Maryland
- Care Navigator, AppleCare Wellness
- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Stonehill College
- Paralysis Recovery Specialist, Project Walk
- Fitness Director, Best Fitness
- Assistant Athletic Trainer, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
For more information on the Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-837-3563.