How to Apply
All you need to know about applying to the Merrimack College Police Academy.
To be considered for entry into the Merrimack College Police Academy, you must:
1. Complete the online application to the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
Be sure to indicate your interest in the police academy within the appropriate field.
You will need to upload the following required documents within your application:
- Official College Transcripts from all institutions attended (3.0 cumulative GPA required)
- Personal Statement (N/A for Merrimack alumni)
- Two letters of recommendation (N/A for Merrimack alumni)
2. Receive your initial admission decision.
Within 2 weeks of submitting your application, we will issue your initial admission decision. If your application is accepted, you will be fully admitted into the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice, but your full acceptance into the Merrimack College Police Academy will be dependent on you successfully completing the additional requirements detailed below.
3. Submit your enrollment deposit.
Submitting your deposit will reserve your seat in the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice, allowing you to register for classes and begin your master’s degree coursework while your final acceptance to the police academy is pending.
4. Complete an interview with the program director.
After you have deposited, you will be contacted to schedule a brief interview with Police Academy Director Raymond Mooney.
5. Successfully complete mandated background and medical checks.
Your admission to Merrimack College Police Academy will be considered final only once you have completed and successfully passed the following requirements:
- Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Physical Fitness Exam
- Medical Waiver
Additionally, please note that:
- If you receive an initial acceptance, you will begin first semester coursework in the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice program while your final acceptance to the police academy is pending.
- If you are initially accepted but do not pass the additional requirements for final admission into the Merrimack College Police Academy, you will still be eligible to complete the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice program.
- All student candidates must adhere to the Code of Conduct for both Merrimack College and the MPTC Police Academy guidelines.